Too much stress can be the root cause of mental problems. Before understanding the medical process, understand this problem. Nowadays, its impossible to imagine a person who doesn’t feel stressed. It doesn’t matter whether its a personal, social or economic problem. Most people face stress while dealing with these problems. Mental stress has a bad effect on body & mind. This can cause many mental or physical diseases.
Symptoms of stress –
- Stress affects you in more than one way & it certainly affects your brain.
- It can interfere in your life & disrupt your daily activities.
- Unable to concentrate, weak memory power, change in diet related habits are its main symptoms.
- This cause many mental problems like depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder etc.
- Increased emotional stress, more crying & sensitive or aggressive behavior.
- If you are going through a very stressful situation then you become inactive & start doing less work. It also affects the progress of your work.
- You get distracted very easily. You constantly live under fear of unknown. There’s lack of motivation, dedication & self confidence that affects your relationship.
- You separate yourself from other people & even think of committing suicide.
- Not only this, but due to excessive stress on your mind there is a risk of health disorders like diabetes, high blood pressure, hairfall, arthritis, headache, breathing problems, irregular heartbeat, loss of immune system, skin problems etc.
- Stress makes your life very hard & also have negative effects on your health.
Reasons for stress –
- Unhealthy diet causes stress.
- Lifestyle causes stress.
- Stress due to sleep deprivation.
- Stress caused by financial problems.
- Stress caused by loss of a loved one.
- Stress caused by environmental factors.
- Stress caused by bad relationships.
1. Unhealthy diet causes stress –
If you eat too much sweet food then it affects your mental health due to imbalance in your body. Excessive consumption of tea or coffee can sometimes cause mental unrest. These contains caffeine, so when its used in high amounts it leads to anxiety. Alcohol also causes stress. Too much sodium can cause high blood pressure & that interfere with your mental health.
2. Lifestyle causes stress –
Lack of certain routine or failure to follow it can cause problems which leads to stress. For example, if you wake up late then you skip breakfast. Due to hunger, focusing on work is a problem. So, you get scolded by your boss & this can cause stress.
3. Stress due to sleep deprivation –
When you don’t get enough sleep, you don’t get proper rest & you feel tired. So, you are unable to participate actively in your daily activities. This can cause stress. You think more at night by staying up late & develop negative emotions.
4. Stress caused by financial problems –
If you have financial problems then this can also be a daily cause for tension.
5. Stress caused by loss of a loved one –
If you are worried about the health of a loved one & god forbid, they passes away then it becomes very difficult for you to live. Sometimes, due to unfortunate events in life, it can cause stress.
6. Stress caused by environmental problems –
Maybe you don’t like the home you live in or you are sick for a long time, this also has a profound effect on your mental health. Unnecessary & loud noise also increase your mental stress.
7. Stress caused by bad relationship –
Lack of good friends, complaining husband/wife or demanding parents can also cause mental stress. Bad relationships are also a main reason for stress.
Stress prevention measures –
Have you ever noticed that when you are in stress, you eat too much. It’s very normal. Our body releases hormones which increases hunger and also we start eating lots of fast food. We become lethargic, when we have tension. We don’t feel like doing anything and we sleep all the time. This is not the right way to overcome your mental stress. Let us look at some simple methods that help in relieving stress.
- Manage stress with exercise.
- Healthy eating for stress relief.
- Take a break to relieve stress.
- Proper daily routine to deal with stress.
- Massage for stress reduction.
1. Manage stress with exercise –
Exercise releases endorphin named hormone in our body which is also known as the hormone which makes us feel good. It improves our mood. Exercise also makes metabolism better. Exercise can also relieve pain in the body which is caused by stress. Yoga is a great way to deal with stress. Pranayama and many types of asana can help in relieve of pain. You can also meditate. It helps you to leave negative emotions. Many special yoga pranayama helps you to stay mentally stable. Start with breathing exercise, it will calm your mind. When you wake up in the morning, the best thing for you to do is Surya Namaskar. After that do your daily work, you will feel better.
2. Healthy Diet For Stress Relief –
When you are in stress, you want to eat fast food and extra sweet food. But you should eat a healthy diet. Eating junk food can worsen the situation in the long run. You should eat dark chocolate because it helps in tension relief.
Besides this, eat green leafy vegetables, blueberry, almonds etc. Hot milk intake also helps in relieving stress. Avoid junk food and always eat a healthy diet.
3. Take a break to relieve stress –
Take time out of your busy life to get rid of stress. If you have a hobby, then do it to relieve stress. Go on a trip with your family or friends. Read books or listen sweet music. Find and remove the root cause of your tension. Enjoy the little happiness of your life.
4. Proper daily routine to deal with stress –
Do you know, why people go to their favourite spa’s? Because body massage really helps in removing stress. This makes your body and mind, calm & happy. Body massage helps calm your stressed mind